|County Spelling Bee set for Feb. 5|
|Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:33 PM|
PAYNE – Sandra Freeman, coordinator for gifted and curriculum services, Western Buckeye ESC, invites the public to attend the 2013 Paulding County Spelling Bee. The county bee is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, at the Wayne Trace, Payne Elementary School Auditorium.
Nine school champions will compete for the honor to represent Paulding County at the area Spelling Bee on March 9, in Fort Wayne.
Individual school champions are:
• Derek Reeb, Antwerp Local
• Kennadi Foy, Christian Home Educators of Paulding County
• Kaleigh Thompson, Divine Mercy Catholic School
• Cynthia Tershner, Oakwood Elementary
• Tyrel Goings, Paulding Elementary
• Hannah Farr, Paulding Middle School
• Bryan Hofmann, Wayne Trace-Grover Hill Elementary
• Johanne Roop, Wayne Trace-Payne Elementary
• Brady Stabler, Wayne Trace Jr. High.
Doug Grooms, of Van Wert, will be the pronouncer for the Spelling Bee.
Judges include: Travis Lichty, principal of Antwerp Elementary; Cathy Schoenauer, principal of Divine Mercy Catholic School; and Jennifer Manz, Oakwood Elementary School principal.
Principal of Grover Hill Elementary, Al Lautzenheiser, will be master of ceremonies.
The Antwerp Exchange Bank sponsors the awards for the event, which include gift cards and trophies for first and second place finishers, as well as medals and certificates for all of the school champions.
Sandra Freeman, Western Buckeye ESC, is the awards liaison.
Contestants are reminded to report to the Payne Elementary School Auditorium at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 5.
For additional information, please contact Freeman at 419-399-4711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read the rest of this article please subscribe or sign in