Arnold begins duties at WBESC
Friday, April 07, 2017 1:59 PM
VAN WERT – The Western Buckeye ESC Governing Board welcomed new superintendent Steve Arnold at its regular monthly meeting April 5 in the Van Wert office.
Arnold, who officially began his duties with Western Buckeye ESC on April 1, outlined some goals that he has for the ESC, including updating the website and moving various services to an on-line format.
He briefly touched on legislative issues, such as HB 49 (the budget bill) and HB 410 (the truancy bill).
In addition, he discussed the ongoing conversations with member schools concerning the Student Learning Center in Van Wert.
In the business portion of the meeting, the board approved:
• Holding public hearings during the May 10 governing board meeting on the retirements/rehires of Carol Williman and Susan Carr after the 2016-17 school year.? • The Reduction in Force, for the one-on-one paraprofessional position of Devin Hitchcock, effective the end of the 2016-17 school year.
• Scholarships of $250 to Franklin B. Walter All-Scholastic Award winners: Paulding County - Brady Stabler, Wayne Trace Schools and Van Wert County - Cade Chiles, Van Wert City Schools.
• One-year contracts for Tina Gaskill, one on one aide, and Jessica Meggitt, paraprofessional.
• Certified contracts for Rod Dudgeon, Brian Rockhold, Ashley Shepherd, Karla Treece and Janice Kohart for the 2017-18 school year.
• Non-certified contracts for Lisa Baker, Chelsea Zeedyk, Karrie Fife, Tina Gaskill, Lynn Horstman, Kathryn Long, Jessica Meggitt, Amie Ashworth, Tiffany Curry, Ryne Jerome, Linda Clark, Patricia Miller, Anita King, Janice Kohart, Maddison Moore, Sabrina Roth, Joe Shouse, Kasey Showalter, Jill Weirrick, Brenda Zern and Angela Crosby for the 2017-18 school year.
• Establishing the week of May 8-12 as Staff Appreciation Week in conjunction with National Teacher Appreciation Week, to honor the staff of Western Buckeye ESC.